SEBI has issued Consultation paper on ‘Introduction of optional T+0 and optional Instant Settlement of Trades in addition to T+1 Settlement Cycle in Indian Securities Markets’ on December 22, 2023. Public comments are also solicited on the following:
- Should SEBI move towards a shorter settlement cycle in the form of instant settlement?
- Optional T+0 and Optional Instant Settlement of Trades in Indian Securities Market?
- Is the proposed mechanism a right step towards developing and increasing investor confidence in the securities markets?
- Do you see any challenges and risks associated with the proposed mechanism apart from those highlighted in the consultation paper?
- If yes, please highlight the same along with possible mitigation measures?
- Should the proposed mechanism be made available only for top 500 listed equity shares?
Comments/suggestions may be sent by email to Shri Suman Kumar, Assistant General Manager (e-mail id:firstname.lastname@example.org),Shri Dhanush Kumar Reddy, Manager(e-mail id: email@example.com)and firstname.lastname@example.org by January 12, 2024.