UGC has issued draft Curriculum and Credit Framework for Postgraduate Programmes in tune with the New Education Policy. Main features of the master’s curriculum framework for post graduate programmes are as followes:
- Flexibility to move from one discipline of study to another.
- Flexibility for students who qualify UG with a double major to opt for any of the two subjects they have majored.
- Flexibility for students who qualify UG with a major and minor (s) to opt for either major or minor(s) subject in Master’s programme.
- Opportunity for learners to choose the courses of their interest;
- Flexibility to switch to alternative modes of learning (offline, ODL, Online learning, and hybrid modes of learning).
- Mobility and flexibility as per the UGC (Establishment and Operation of Academic Bank of Credits in Higher Education) Regulations, 2021, and UGC Guidelines for Multiple Entry and Exit in Academic Programmes offered in Higher Education Institutions. These documents are to facilitate the implementation of the proposed “Curriculum and Credit Framework for Postgraduate Programmes.”