The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare issued a mandate requiring individuals eligible for receiving benefits under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana to furnish proof of possession of the Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication. This notification was issued on 19th October, 2023.
With this purpose in mind, any individual desirous of availing benefits under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall be required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment.
Additionally, until the Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following documents, namely :
- Aadhaar Enrolment Identification slip;
- Copy of request made for Aadhaar enrolment;
- Bank Passbook with Photo; or
- Voter Identity Card; or
- MGNREGA card; or
- Kisan Photo passbook; or
- Driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 or
- Undertaking of non-availing any benefit under some other Central or State Government scheme