The Central Government on 6th November, 2023 has issued the Removal of Licensing Requirements, Stock Limits and Movement Restrictions on Specified Foodstuffs (Third Amendment) Order, 2023. The amendment provides that the pulses namely tur and urad, for a period up to 31st December, 2023, shall have following stock limits for all States and Union Territories:
- Wholesaler: 200 MT for each of the pulse;
- Retailer: 5 MT for each of the pulse;
- Big chain retailers: 5 MT for each of the pulse at each retail outlet and 200 MT at depot for each of the pulse;
- Millers: Stock limits will be last 3 months production or 25% of annual installed capacity, whichever is higher;
- Importers: Importers not to hold imported stock beyond 60 days from the date of custom clearance.
Respective legal entities shall declare the stocks position on the portal (fcainfoweb.nic.in/psp) of Department of Consumer Affairs and in case the stocks held by them are higher than the prescribed limits then they shall bring the same to the prescribed stock limits within 30 days of issue of this notification.
It shall be ensured that pulses stock is regularly declared and updated on the portal of this Department of Consumer Affairs.