The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has issued Guidelines for adoption of ICMR standard treatment workflow in ESIC hospitals. To enhance healthcare quality, efficiency, and standardize treatment practices, the adoption of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Standard Treatment Workflows(STWs) in ESIC hospitals is required. This Guidelines outlines the rationale and plan for implementing the ICMR Standard Treatment Workflow within ESIC hospitals.
The adoption of ICMR guidelines in ESIC hospitals will yield the following benefits:
- Improved Quality of Care: The ICMR STWs are evidence-based and developed by experts in the field, ensuring that patients receive the best possible care.
- Standardisation: The ICMR STWs ensures Standardised medical treatment and care across ESIC Hospitals by promoting good practices and minimising variations in treatment approaches.
- Patient Safety: The ICMR STWs reduces medical errors and enhances patient safety by providing a standardised framework for diagnosis and treatment.
- Cost-Effective Care: The ICMR STWs helps healthcare providers deliver costeffective care by prioritising treatments that are both effective and economical.
- Simplified Training and Orientation: The ICMR STWs makes it easier to train new healthcare staff and maintain consistent practices.