The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) has issued a notice of extension of the last date of admission for undergraduate courses and conduct a Special Stray Vacancy Round for vacant MBBS, BDS, and B.Sc. Nursing seats under the All India Quota (AIQ) and State Quota. This notice was issued on 31st October, 2023.
This Special Stray Vacancy Round will be the final round for undergraduate courses for the academic year 2023. The details of vacant AIQ seats can be found on the MCC website, and candidates are encouraged to contact their respective state counseling authorities for information on vacant state quota seats.
Key points regarding the Special Stray Vacancy Round, to be conducted by the MCC, are as follows:
- Eligibility: Candidates who do not hold any seat in either the All India Quota or State Quota are eligible to participate in the Special Stray Vacancy Round. However, candidates who did not join seats allotted through MCC Round-3 onwards are not eligible to participate.
- Security Deposit: The security deposit of candidates who do not join their allotted seat in the Special Stray Vacancy Round will be forfeited, and such candidates will be debarred from taking the NEET exam for the next year.
- Data Sharing: The data of allotted candidates from the Special Stray Vacancy Round conducted by the MCC will be shared with states. Candidates who are allotted seats by the MCC will be debarred from taking admission in state counseling.
- State Counseling: Candidates can contact State Counselling Authorities for any information regarding state quota seats counseling.
- Schedule: The schedule for All India Quota counseling and state quota counseling is available on the MCC website.
Candidates are advised to stay updated by regularly visiting the MCC website for the latest information and updates related to the Special Stray Vacancy Round.