The Government of Haryana has notified a paid holiday for all the workers/employees enrolled as voters in light of the upcoming bye-elections. This notification was issued on 30th October, 2023.
The bye-elections are being held for membership to the municipal council/ committees for the following wards:
- Ward No. 15 of Municipal Council, Sohna, District Gurugram,
- Ward No. 01 of Municipal Council, Kaithal,
- Ward No. 16 of Municipal Council, Narnaul, District Mahendergarh,
- Ward No. 05 of Municipal Committee, Rajound, District Kaithal and
- Ward No. 11 of Municipal Committee, Bawal, District Rewari
The poll day for all elections in the above jurisdictions has been fixed as Sunday, 5th November, 2023. The State Election Commission has fixed this poll day by its notification dated 12th October, 2023.
Therefore, the government has announced that 5th November, 2023 will be a holiday with wages for all the workers/employees enrolled as voters in the above stated jurisdictions.
This provision is granted persons working in all the shops and commercial establishments within the State of Haryana to enable them to cast their votes.