The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has revised certain standards for certain Textiles, Salts and Alloys. This notification was published on 3rd October, 2023.
The BIS has also revised the following standards:
- IS 758 : 2023 Medical Textiles — Absorbent Cotton Gauze — Specification (Fifth Revision)
- IS 797 : 2023 Common Salt for Chemical Industries — Specification (Fourth revision)
- IS 2573 : 2023 Leather Gauntlets and Mittens — Specification (Third Revision)
- IS 6487 : 2023 Textiles — Cotton Tapes, Unproofed and Proofed, for Ammunition Purposes — Specification (Second Revision)
- IS 7494 : 2023 Alloys for Internal Combustion Engine valve Applications — Specification (Second Revision) and
- IS 14650 : 2023 Unalloyed and Alloyed Steel Ingot and Semi-Finished Products for ReRolling Purposes — Specification (First Revision)
All of these standards have been established on 28th September, 2023.
It is pertinent to note that the previous versions of these standards will stand withdrawn on specified dates elucidated in the notification for each standard.