National Medical Commission Policy and Coordination Division vide circular dated 23-09-2023 has announced a massive cleanliness drive led by people envisaged to be held on 1st October 2023, at 10.00 am across the country as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on the eve of his birth anniversary on 2nd October 2023.
In view of the above all medical colleges are required to take following action:
- A nodal officer for coordinating the drive may be immediately appointed.
- Each Medical College will be required to identify a site where cleanliness activities will be undertaken with public participation. Site must be selected with care so as to have improved cleanliness post the activity.
- Each Medical Colleges needs to create the event on the portal ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ (https://swachhatahiseva.com/), details of which (including process of creating logins and uploading content) will be shared subsequently. Once the events are created, the Medical Colleges should widely publicize through local communication platforms.
- All these created events will be available on a map which citizens can view and choose the event they want to join by going through the options that will be available on the portal.
- At the site the public can click pictures and upload them on the events page. The event will have separate microsite.
- On 1st October, the Medical Colleges ensure that actual cleaning activity takes place at the scheduled time (10 am) with the volunteers contributing at least one hour of shramdaan resulting
in visible cleanliness.
- After completion of the event, the creator of the event will have to close the event on the portal.
- All the medical college are requested to make every effort to make this event a great success. Any further information will be circulated in due course.