Ministry of Law and Justice vide press release dated 11 August 2023, as part of measures to provide free and competent legal services to the weaker sections of the society, has set up the legal services institutions from the Taluk Court level to the Supreme Court.
The following Authorities/Institutions are established to provide free legal aid to poor and weaker sections of the society :-
- National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) at National level
- Supreme Court Legal Services Committee (SCLSC) at Supreme Court level
- High Court Legal Services Committees (HCLSCs) at High Court level
- State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) at State level
- District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs) at District level
- Taluk Legal Services Committees (TLSCs) at Taluk level