NSE vide circular dated August 11, 2023 has issued clarification regarding Smart ODR. NSE has issued a common online dispute resolution portal (ODR), called the Smart ODR, which has gone live on August 4, according to an exchange notice from the market regulator SEBI.
“SMART ODR” is now live and can be accessed through the URL: https://smartodr.in/login. All Market Participants are advised to follow the below mentioned steps mentioned below for registration and account verification:
- Market Participants shall receive an email from SMART ODR PORTAL (firstname.lastname@example.org) for account creation. The email contains necessary
procedure for account creation and will be sent to the registered compliance officer’s
email id as available in the Exchange records.
- Market Participants are required to click on “Verify Email” link mentioned in the email.
They will be then redirected to the SMARTODR Portal for acceptance of the terms and
conditions. Subsequently, it will prompt to set a password. The password should be of
minimum 8 characters which should include at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1
number and 1 special character.
- After accepting the Terms and Condition and 2 Factor authentication, Market
Participants are required to complete the login procedure on the SMART ODR Portal.
The Terms and Conditions shall also be sent on the aforesaid email ID’s.
- There is a facility to add additional users using the “User Management” section under
the Profile icon on the left-hand side of the portal.
- Market Participants are advised to complete the entire registration procedures within
the timelines as prescribed in SEBI circular dated July 31, 2023.