Ministry of Minority Affairs has issued clarifications regarding Schemes for Development of Minority Communities. Ministry of Minority Affairs specifically implements various Schemes across the country for socio-economic and educational empowerment of the six (6) centrally notified minority communities.
All persons belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category, including from minority communities, can avail the benefit of 10% reservation in employment and admission in educational institutions. The schemes/ programmes implemented by the Ministry are as under :
Educational Empowerment Schemes:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Scheme
Employment and Economic Empowerment Schemes:
- Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PMVIKAS)
- National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) Scheme for providing concessional loans to minorities.
- Jiyo Parsi: A scheme for reversing the population decline of Parsis in India.
- Qaumi Waqf Board Taraqqiati Scheme (QWBTS) and Shahari Waqf Sampatti Vikas Yojana (SWSVY).
- Infrastructure Development Schemes.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK).