The Bureau of Indian Standards has issued revised standards in agricultural and other products.
The notification pertaining to agriculture have introduced 5 standards. All of these standards have been established on 15th June, 2023.
The following 2 standards have been introduced for the first time:
- IS 18273 (Part 5) : 2023/ISO/TS 20224-5 : 2020 Molecular Biomarker Analysis — Detection of Animal-Derived Materials in Foodstuffs and Feedstuffs by Real-Time PCR Part 5 Goat DNA Detection Method
- IS 18286 : 2023 Agricultural Irrigation Equipment — Manually Operated Serviceable Plastics Valves — Specification
Furthermore, the notification prescribes the date of withdrawal for the previous versions of the remaining 3 standards.
The BIS has also established 3 other standards on 12th June, 2023 as follows:
- IS/ISO 3951-1 : 2022 Sampling Procedures for Inspection by Variables Part 1 Specification for Single Sampling Plans Indexed by Acceptance Quality Limit (AQL) for Lot-by-Lot Inspection for a Single Quality Characteristic and a Single AQL (First Revision)
- IS 4746 : 2023 Transport of Dogs and Cats by Rail, Road and Air — Code of Practice (First Revision)
- IS 18227 : 2023 Prevention and Reduction of Mycotoxins in Spices — Code of Practice