University Grants Commission on June 6, 2023 has extended the last date for inviting nominations from the Vice-Chancellors, Principals, and directors of universities, Colleges and Institutions regarding the NEP SAARTHI- Student Ambassador for Academic Reforms in Transforming Higher Education in India.
In view of the requests being received from the stakeholders to extend the last date for submitting nominations on the aforesaid initiative, the last date is hereby further extended to 30th June, 2023.
- Students who are currently undergoing higher education at various levels can participate in this initiative.
- Students pursuing certificate/ diploma/ undergraduate/ postgraduate degree.
- The nominated students are expected to have an outstanding personality, possess excellent communication skills, organizational capabilities for conducting outreach programmes, creativity, sense of responsibility along with being a team leader.
UGC will seek nominations from the Vice Chancellors, Directors, and Principals of HEIs and eminent academicians. Each university may nominate up to 3 students to be considered as NEP SAARTHI, along with a brief write-up justifying the nominations. Based on the nominations, UGC will select 300 NEP SAARTHI among the nominees. UGC will announce the NEP SAARTHIs and communicate to the students. NEP SAARTHI will be oriented and guided to carry out their roles effectively by the UGC in a hybrid mode.
Role of NEP SAARTHI:
- Work as an ambassador to promote NEP 2020
- Create awareness regarding NEP 2020
- Disseminate information regarding NEP 2020
- Promote NEP 2020 initiatives on social media
- Collect feedback from students to improve the implementation of NEP 2020
- Provide guidance to students and other stakeholders regarding NEP 2020 initiatives and how they can benefit from them