The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched an internship program aimed at offering students a chance to gain valuable learning experiences in various areas of food regulation and food safety administration. This circular was issued on 13th June, 2023.
The eligibility criteria for the desirous applicants are as follows:
- Students pursuing a full-time graduate/postgraduate degree or higher degree from a recognized institution within India or abroad are eligible to apply.
- The program is open to students pursuing degrees in the following fields:
- Postgraduate degree/B.Tech/BE in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Technology, Food Science & Technology, Food & Nutrition, Edible Oil Technology, Microbiology, Dairy Technology, Agricultural or Horticultural Sciences, Industrial Microbiology, Toxicology, Public Health, Life Science, Biotechnology, Fruit & Vegetable Technology, or Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Business Administration & Management, including policy regulation and related fields (only at FSSAI Headquarters).
- PG Diploma/Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, and Public Relations.
- B.E./B.Tech (3rd and 4th year students, not for 2nd or 1st year) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or a related stream.
- Postgraduate Degree/Diploma in Public Policy or Public Administration (only at FSSAI Headquarters).
- Bachelor/Master of Law (only at FSSAI Headquarters).
The internship program will be available throughout the year on a quarterly basis, with internships offered for a duration of up to 3 months, extendable to a maximum of 6 months. Internships of less than two months will not be offered.
Interested and eligible students can apply online in the specified format as per the timelines provided by FSSAI. Applicants who have applied for internships in previous months will need to submit a fresh application. Shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write-up or presentation for final selection.
The final list of selected candidates, along with their date of joining and internship tenure, will be declared online on the FSSAI website by the respective office where they have opted for an internship.
The last date for submitting online applications is 19th June, 2023. The shortlisted candidates will be announced on 23rd June, 2023.