Ministry of AYUSH has issued a call for Papers on Special Issue of Journal of Drug Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (JDRAS) on “Millets- The Nutri-cereals”.
To commemorate the International Year of Millets and identify potential research gaps and future avenues, Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) will be publishing a special issue of JDRAS on “Millets: The Nutri-cereals.” The special issue is scheduled for release on Ayurveda Day 2023.
The focus of this special issue will be on manuscripts covering various areas related to Millets. The Journal invites research papers, reviews, short communications, perspectives, book reviews, and systematic reviews in the following areas:
- Traditional use of Millets: India perspective
- Ayurvedic/Ayush perspective and clinical significance of Millets
- Traditional Millets recipes and their biological activities
- Ethnomedical and Ethnopharmacological aspects
- Role of Millets in achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), environment, and health issues
- Millets in Health Economics
- Product development and value addition
- Dietary supplements, Functional foods
- Food processing, Food technology, Food Microbiology
- Biochemistry and safety of Millets
- Current industrial practices
- Sustainable cultivation of Millets
- Nutritional and health benefits of Millets
- Policy support for the Promotion of the uses of Millets
- Market potential of Millet and Millet-based products
The Editorial Board of JDRAS encourages contributors to refer to the general guidelines for authors available on the journal’s website.
Researchers, scientists, and experts in the field of Ayurveda and Millet research are encouraged to submit their manuscripts through the online submission portal. The last date for submissions is 15th August, 2023.