Government of Puducherry on 12 May, 2023 has issued following directions to the occupiers/employers/ construction companies/industries for mitigation of adverse effects of extreme hot weather:
- Re-scheduling of working hours for employees/workers in different sectors,
- Ensuring necessary arrangements to regulate piece rate and requirement / urgency for undertaking physical work during summer,
- Ensuring adequate drinking water facilities at work places,
- Making provision for emergency ice packs and heat illness prevention material to construction workers,
- Coordinating with Health Department to ensure regular health check-up of the workers,
- Ensuring adherence to Health Advisory issued by Ministry of Heath 85 Family Welfare for Employers and Workers.
It is further mentioned that special attention also needs to be paid to construction workers, and brick kiln workers. For awareness of daily wage/casual workers, information dissemination in respect of these guidelines may also be undertaken at the Market place/ Bazaars etc.