Ministry of Electronics and IT on 17th May, 2023 published that Union Cabinet, chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved production linked incentives scheme- 2.0 for IT hardware.
Salient features of the scheme involves the following:
- PLI Scheme 2.0 for IT hardware covers laptops, tablets, all-in-one PCs, servers and ultra small form factor devices
- The budgetary outlay of the scheme is Rs. 17,000 crore
- The tenure of this scheme is 6 years
- Expected incremental production is Rs. 3.35 Lakh crore
- Expected incremental investment is Rs. 2,430 crore
- Expected incremental direct employment is 75,000