National Medical Commission on 9th May 2023 issued circular clarifying internship for foreign medical graduates. As per CRMI Regulations important provisions include
- FMGs required to undergo supervised internship in India for a period of minimum twelve months
- FMGs who are interns in India shall do only in approved medical institutions and allocation of medical colleges will be done by concerned state medical council
- Internship shall be completed within 2 years of passing final year of MBBS or equivalent examinations
- FMGs may be posted to different medical colleges through seat allocation or counseling
- Commission shall recognize institutions, or affiliated hospitals or community health centers for CRMI program.
Further commission clarified that the online mode is not a valid mode of study. Students returned due to Russia Ukraine war is granted certificate of course completion and allowed to write FMG examination. Provision of 2 year internship is only applicable to FMG and they are required to complete course from their respective university in offline mode. Further the circular mentions about the domicile requirement, completion of internship, payment of stipend and about one time relaxation for FMG to complete internship.