The Government of Gujarat issued following relaxations for registered persons who default in compliance with GST related requirements:
- Gujarat Govt. waived late fees for the registered persons who failed to furnish the final return in FORM GSTR-10 by the due date but furnish the said return between the period from April 01, 2023, to June 30, 2023.
- Class of registered persons whose registration has been cancelled on or before December 31, 2022, and who has failed to apply for revocation of cancellation of such registration within the time period may apply for revocation of cancellation of such registration up to June 30, 2023 after furnishing the returns due up to the effective date of cancellation of registration and after payment of any amount due as tax, in terms of such returns, along with any amount payable towards interest, penalty and late fee in respect of such returns;
- Registered persons who have failed to furnish a valid return within a period of thirty days from the service of the assessment order issued on or before February 28, 2023 shall furnish the said return on or before the 30th day of June 2023 accompanied by payment of interest.
- When a registered person has opted for authentication of an Aadhaar number and is identified on the common portal, based on data analysis and risk parameters, it shall be followed by biometric-based Aadhaar authentication and taking photographs of the applicant.
- Time limit for issuance of an order for recovery of tax not paid or short paid or of input tax credit wrongly availed or utilized is extended; (a) for the financial year 2017-18, up to December 31, 2023; (b)for the financial year 2018-19, up to March 31, 2024; (c) for the financial year 2019-20, up to June 30, 2024.
- Late fee payable shall stand waived which is in excess of two hundred and fifty rupees and shall stand fully waived where the total amount of state tax payable in the said return is nil, for the registered persons who fail to furnish the return in FORM GSTR-4 for the quarters from July 2017 to March 2019 or for the Financial years from 2019-20 to 2021-22 by the due date but furnish the said return between the period from April 01, 2023, to June 30, 2023.