The Department of Information and Public Relations Government of Punjab on March 06, 2023, published the Punjab News Web Channel Policy, 2022. The Government of India on 16th September 2022, published the Punjab News Web Channel Policy, 2022 which shall be applicable in the State of Punjab. Under this policy every Channel shall fulfill the following general and technical qualifications to be eligible for empanelment with the Department, namely:-
- only Channels owned and operated by registered companies and firms with State Government or Government of India other than individuals shall be considered for empanelment;
- the Channel or its owner or partners should not be bankrupt or insolvent ;
- the Channel should not have been blacklisted or dis-empanelled by any State Government or Government of India. The applicant shall upload a self declaration to this effect;
- the Channel should have continuously operated under the same name for a minimum period of one years.
- the Channel has to submit the facebook analytics and youtube analytics report for a period of six months before the date of application.
- the Channel should have uploaded at least one hundred fifty news videos or sound bytes or news items (VOs/News Capsules or interviews) with in the period of one month during the period of three months.
This shall come into effect on March 06, 2023.