The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has notified the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulations) Amendment Rules, 2023. These Amendment Rules were notified on 24th February, 2023 and come into immediate effect.
The Amendment Rules introduce a provision for transfer of gametes and embryos for personal use within or outside India.
The Rules state that any person intending to transfer their own gametes and embryos for personal use within or outside India shall apply or furnish declaration in Forms 16 to 24, as may be applicable. Such person shall also obtain the prior permission of the National Board.
The Rules provide for the following additional forms:
- Form 16: Application form for transfer of gametes (Sperms and oocyte or embryos ) within and outside India
- Form 17: Affidavit for transfer of embryos outside India
- Form 18: Affidavit for transfer of gametes (sperm/oocyte) outside India
- Form 19: Affidavit for transfer of embryos within India
- Form 20: Affidavit for transfer of gametes (sperms/oocytes) within India
- Form 21: Affidavit from the clinic holding the frozen embryos
- Form 22: Affidavit from clinic holding gametes (Sperms /oocytes)
- Form 23: Affidavit from clinic receiving the frozen embryos
- Form 24: Affidavit from clinic receiving the frozen gametes