The Government of Tamil Nadu vide press release dated 22.02.2023 has announced “MSME Connect 2023” – a Vendor development Programme is organised at SIDCO Corporate office Building, Thiru Vi-Ka_Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai on 3rd and 4th March 2023 to provide Procurement and Marketing Support (PMS) for effective implementation of Public Procurement Policy for MSEs.
The objective of Policy is promotion and development of Micro and Small Enterprises by supporting them in marketing of products produced and services rendered by them. However, the policy rests upon core principle of competitiveness, adhering to sound procurement practices and execution of supplies in accordance with a system which is fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective. “MSME Connect 2023” will facilitate market linkages for effective implementation of Public Procurement Policy for MSEs.
The outcome of VDPs would be:
· to make more awareness among SMEs on Public Procurement Policy which includes SC/ST/Women enterprises,
· to facilitate B2B meetings between the procurement heads of the Sate & Central PSEs, Govt Procurement Agencies, Corporates and the MSME vendors i.e., seller (MSEs),
· to help MSME to create long term business relationship with large scale organizations.
· to disseminate large scale buyer’s procurement procedure, GeM and various schemes of Central and State Govt, etc.
· to promote startups by creating awareness among prospective entrepreneurs on requirement of procurement agencies.
· to promote vocal for local as Aatma Nirbhar Bharat initiative