The University Grants Commission (UGC) has notified Draft Guidelines and Curriculum Framework for Environment Education at Undergraduate level. The Framework was notified in February, 2023.
The present document is an outcome of the UGC’s initiative to implement the National Education Policy, 2020 which has emphasised the need to formulate guidelines and curriculum framework for environmental education. The document is expected to cater to students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds. It also includes topics to sensitise students about the commitment of the nation towards achieving sustainable development goals.
The Curriculum Framework has the following outline:
- Humans and the Environment
- Natural Resources and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Issues: Local, Regional and Global
- Conservation of Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Environmental Pollution and Health Teaching
- Climate Change: Impacts, Adaptation and Mitigation
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Treaties and Legislation
- Case studies and fieldwork