University Grants Commission (UGC) has recently launched Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child (SJSGC) for pursuing research work leading to award of Ph.D degree to single girl child of the family. In furtherance of this scheme, the UGC has notified a list of 1129 provisionally selected candidates.
These candidates are eligible to receive fellowship under the scheme subject to the conditions mentioned in the guidelines of scheme, terms & conditions contained in the award letter and the present notification.
Apart from verifying the credentials of candidate, the University/Institutions must strictly adhere to the following:
- Read the guidelines of scheme and this notification thoroughly.
- Verify and ensure that the candidate is eligible for receiving the fellowship under the scheme as per the guidelines and this notification.
- Ensure the authenticity and correctness of claim of candidate that she is a single girl child of her family and possess an affidavit of Rs.100/- Stamp paper from the parents duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Tahsildar as per the prescribed proforma (Annexure VI) as mentioned in the guidelines. Affidavit duly attested by Notary or an officer below the rank of Tehsildar will not be considered.
- Verify/authenticate the required educational qualifications and marks obtained by her.
- Ensure that all the documents required as per the guidelines and notification are completely and correctly filled by the scholar in the formats prescribed by UGC.
- Deposit all the documents submitted by the candidates and keep their record in its safe custody and upload the required information, on the scholarship payment portal for claiming the fellowship through DBT mode.
- Ensure that the ‘Joining cum Verification Report’, ‘Certificate by the institution’ and affidavit of being single girl child are strictly as per the format given in the guidelines and are complete in all respect.
Upon satisfying itself of the genuineness of the claim and verification of all facts, the concerned institution shall link the candidate on the portal, give all the details and upload a legible and complete copy of scanned ‘Joining cum Verification Report’ (Annexure-I), ‘Certificate by the institution’ (Annexure-II) and affidavit of Rs.100/- Stamp paper from the parents duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Tahsildar as per the prescribed proforma (Annexure VI) on the Scholarship Fellowship Management Portal (SFMP).
Once the candidate starts receiving the fellowship, Institution shall ensure that all the claims for Fellowship, HRA and contingency are received regularly by them and the data is uploaded by them in a time bound manner on scholarship portal.
Additionally, the institution concerned and its officials shall be held responsible if any payment is made to an ineligible scholar on the basis of uploading of wrong/misleading information on the payment portal. Action shall be taken against the institution/officials including blacklisting of the institution and recovery of paid amount of fellowship with interest from the institution/officials concerned.
Furthermore, un-authorised access of the scholarship payment portal shall invite action under the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (IT) Act.