The Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoL&E) on February 02, 2023, issued a press release regarding the formulation of the Welfare Schemes for Labourers. The details for following Welfare Schemes for Labourers are provided:
• Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY): is available to people in the age group of 18 to 50 years having a bank/post office account and who give their consent to join/enable auto debit. Risk coverage under this scheme is for Rs. 2.00 lakh in case of the death of the insured, due to any reason, at an annual premium of Rs. 436/- which is to be auto-debited from the subscriber’s bank/post office account.
• Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY): is also available to people in the age group of 18 to 70 years with a bank/post office account who give their consent to join/enable auto debit. The risk coverage under the scheme is for Rs 2.00 lakh in case of accidental death or total permanent disability and Rs. 1.00 lakh for partial permanent disability; due to accident at a premium of Rs. 20 per annum which is to be deducted from the account holder’s bank/post office account through ‘auto-debit.
• Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (ABPMJAY): provides an annual health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per eligible family for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization corresponding to 1949 treatment procedures across 27 specialties
• Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM): pension scheme in 2019. It provides a monthly pension of Rs.3000/- after attaining the age of 60 years. The workers in the age group of 18-40 years whose monthly income is Rs. 15000/- or less and who are not a member of EPFO/ESIC/NPS (Govt. funded) can join the PM-SYM Scheme.
• The e-SHRAM portal was launched in August 2021 with the objective to create a National Database of Unorganised Workers (NDUW) of the age group of 16-59 years to facilitate the delivery of Social Security Schemes/Welfare Schemes of the Central and State Governments to the unorganized workers.