CBIC notifies the manner of filing an application for refund by unregistered persons


The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has issued a notification prescribing the manner of filing an application for refund by unregistered persons. This notification is intended to foster uniformity in the implementation of the provisions of the law across field formations. The notification was issued on 27th December, 2022.

The notification states as follows:

An unregistered person can apply for a refund and obtain temporary registration in the following circumstances:

  1. The contract/agreement for the supply of services of construction of a flat/ building has been cancelled or
  2.  The long-term insurance policy has been terminated,

In these circumstances a new functionality has been made available on the common portal which allows unregistered persons to take a temporary registration and apply for a refund under the category ‘Refund for Unregistered person’’

The notification also provides for the following:

  1. The process of filling out the refund application
  2. The relevant date for filing of refund
  3. The minimum amount of refund

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill in the form

    Labour LawsEnvironment, Health and SafetyDirect Tax lawsIndirect tax laws (GST/ Customs / VAT)Corporate Laws (Company Law, SEBI & FEMA)Food Safety LawsFinancial Service sectorInsurance SectorHealthcare SectorOther ancillary laws

    Do you want GST Refund ?

      Get In Touch

        Get Bulk Subscription