The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has issued an Advisory and Member Guide on Market Data Broadcasts on 2nd December, 2022.
The guide sets forth the following:
• NSE recommends that its members build resilience and redundancy in their subscription to market data broadcast provided by the National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSEIL), to ensure continuity of their business operations.
Advisory for members subscribing to Price volume (5 depth 1 second refresh), other related data, master updates, market open/close status message broadcast etc :
- NSEIL has made enabling provisions for members to implement redundancies by providing two sources of data broadcast parameters.
- Exchange has provided an option for members to add the broadcast configuration for both sources in the Exchange Provided UDP Application for windows as well as Linux OS.
- Members can configure both sources in active and passive manner as per their business requirement.
Advisory for members subscribing to Multicast Tick by Tick Feeds (MTBT):
- The Tick Data broadcast feed provided by the Exchange is available on two separate Multicast Channels (both sources) for each Stream on an active basis
- However, since the MTBT data broadcast is on UDP, there can be occasional drops in the broadcasts provided by the Exchange due to the same
- Additionally, APIs for MTBT provide the tuning parameter for receiving MTBT and the guidelines for recovery.