The University Grant Commission on 28th November 2022, has directed all the higher educational institutions and their affiliated colleges/ institutions to encourage students and staff register themselves on FIT INDIA website at https://fitindiahe.education.gov.in and update data relating to fitness activities conducted at different time points.
FIT INDIA Movement was launched on 29th August, 2019 by Hon’ble Prime Minister with a view to make fitness an integral part of our daily lives. The mission of the Movement is to bring about behavioural changes and move towards a more physically active lifestyle. The various initiatives proposed under this mission are aimed at achieving the following objectives.
- To promote fitness as easy, fun and free.
- To spread awareness on fitness and various physical activities that promote fitness through focused campaigns.
- To encourage indigenous sports.
- To make fitness reach every college/university.
- To create a platform for citizens of India to share information, drive awareness and encourage sharing of personal fitness stories