Directorate General of Foreign Trade vide notice dated 25 November, 2022 has fixed new Standard Input Output Norms (SION) for export of wheat flour (Atta). The Advance Authorization (AA) under this SION is subject to the following conditions:
- The Advance Authorization (AA) shall be issued only to flour millers.
- The AA shall be issued with pre-import condition.
- The SION is valid until ‘wheat’ is prohibited for exports. Thereafter, no further AA will be issued under the SION. AAs already issued will continue to operate in the normal course.
- The Bills of Entry against which wheat has been imported shall be confirmed by Custom Authorities while allowing exports.
- Procurement of wheat from Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) is not permissible in any case against the Advance Authorization.