The Reserve Bank of India on 1st November 2022, in order promote the spread of digital banking for customers in rural areas, the eligibility criteria applicable to Regional Rural Banks for offering Internet Banking with transactional facility to their customers have been revised.
The revised eligibility criteria to seek approval for providing Internet Banking with transactional facility by RRBs to their customers are as under:
- Full implementation of Core Banking Solutions (CBS) and migration to IPv6.
- Compliance with minimum prescribed CRAR requirement as applicable from time to time.
- Net worth of ₹50 crore or more as on March 31 of the previous financial year.
- Net NPA of not more than 5% as on March 31 of the previous financial year.
- Net profit in the two immediately preceding financial years.
- No instance of default in maintenance of CRR/SLR during the immediately preceding financial year.
- The bank shall have a satisfactory track record of regulatory compliance and there shall be no instances of monetary penalty imposed for violation of RBI directives/guidelines during the two preceding financial years.
- The bank shall have a sound internal control system approved by a CISA qualified independent auditor.