The Labour, Employment, Training & Factories Department of Telangana has allowed all establishments covered under Telangana Shops and Establishments Act, 1988, to employ women in night shifts, subject to certain conditions.
- Consent of women employees shall be obtained in writing to work in night shifts;
- The establishment shall provide transport facilities from the residence of the woman employee to the workplace and back, free of cost and with adequate security. Such transport facility shall have GPS for tracking and monitoring;
- Employment of women employee shall be on rotation basis;
- The safety and security measures shall include provision of shelter, rest rooms, lunch rooms, night crèches and ladies toilets, adequate protection of their privacy, dignity, honor and safety, protection from sexual harassment, employment of at least five (5) women employees together.
- The said relaxation shall not apply to a woman employee during the period of sixteen (16) weeks before and after her childbirth, of which at least eight (8) weeks shall be before the expected childbirth, and for such additional period, if any, as specified in the medical certificate stating that it is necessary for the health of the woman employee or her child.
- Adequate number of security guards shall be posted during night shift;