The Ministry of Communications on 5th August 2022, issued a Public Advisory on frauds related to installation of Mobile Tower. It has come to the notice of Department of Telecommunications (DoT) that some unscrupulous companies/ agencies/ individuals cheat general public and collect money by promising them hefty monthly rental etc. in the name of installation of Mobile Towers.
Therefore in this regard, it is being informed to the public that:
- DoT/ TRAI is not directly or indirectly involved in leasing/renting the premises for installation of mobile towers.
- DoT/ TRAI or its officers do not issue any “No Objection Certificate” for the installation of mobile towers.
- The updated list of Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) and Infrastructure Providers (IP-1), authorized to install mobile towers, is available on DoT website i.e. https://dot.gov.in and https://dot.gov.in/infrastructure-provider.
- Public is hereby cautioned to be extra careful and verify the credentials of the company, in case any company/agency/individual asks for money for installation of mobile tower. The association of TSPs and IP-1s have confirmed that their members do not ask any money for installation of Mobile Towers.
- If any person comes across any such fraudulent activity, then he/ she may report the incident to local police authorities.
- In addition, the local field units of DoT may also be contacted whose contact details are available on DoT website at https://dot.gov.in/relatedlinks/director-general-telecom .