The Department of Pharmaceuticals on 6th May 2022, after considering the National Innovation &Startup Policy 2019, National IPR Policy 2016 and similar policies of other institutes/ departments has prepared ‘Common Guidelines on Pharmaceutical Innovation and Entrepreneurship’ for academic institutions under its control.
The policy aims to transform the academic research into innovative and commercially applicable technologies/products; build strong ecosystem for nurturing creativity and entrepreneurial activities and contribute to self-reliant India mission.
The Policy Guidelines aims to:
- Encourages the faculty/staff members and students to pursue entrepreneurship;
- Formulate policies & foster an ecosystem to generate ideas across disciplines that can be transformed into successful technologies, products, and services;
- Establish a mechanism for technology development and technology transfer;
- Create institutional framework for effective implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the policy; and
- Promote pharmaceutical innovation and entrepreneurship to foster the unmet therapeutic, socially impactful technologies delivering benefits to mankind.