The Government of Goa on 28th October 2021 has published the Financial Incentives for Certification and Intellectual Property Rights Reimbursement (Amendment) Scheme, 2021 which shall be governed by the Goa State Incentives to Encourage Investments Scheme, 2017 and it shall remain in for force upto 30th September, 2022.
The main objective of this scheme is to encourage the industrial units and eligible service providing units/institutions operating in the State of Goa, to obtain National and International Certification in order to maintain requisite standards of quality of products/processes/services and technological up-gradation/quality improvement and environment management, in order to enhance their competitive strength to global competition.
Therefore, this target scheme under the Goa State Incentives to Encourage Investments Scheme, 2017 (Umbrella Scheme) is introduced to provide reimbursement of expenses incurred by industrial and business units to obtain certification and IPR subject to condition stipulated below.
The industrial units in all categories, hospitals and educational institutions recognised by the Government of Goa and operating in the State of Goa who have obtained Certification from Indian Standard Institute, International Standard Organization or any other recognized National/International Certification for quality standards as accepted by the Task Force Committee are eligible to avail financial incentives under this Scheme.
The industrial units in all categories operating in the State of Goa who have obtained IPR, and have availed benefit of reimbursement under the ‘Building Awareness on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises’ scheme of Ministry of MSME are eligible to avail financial incentives under this scheme.
Benefit under this scheme shall be restricted only to the extent of balance amount after deducting the central assistance/any assistance already availed without impacting an overall ceiling specified in the scheme.
The eligible unit shall apply on the online portal on www.goaonline.gov.in with all necessary documents as specified below:
- A self-declaration in the specified format specified.
- Proof of Registration, functioning status of the unit.
- Documents of acquiring the IPR/ and Certification from recognized agencies.
- A copy of bills and receipts of the expenditure incurred.
- Certificate from Chartered Accountant (in original) indicating the actual expenditure incurred on obtaining Certification or IPR as the case may be; and stating that no claim from the Department of Information Technology, Government of Goa has been made for any incentives; and that no other claim for similar benefit has been made under any other scheme/program of Government of Goa.