The Ministry of Commerce and Industry on 16th June 2021 in order to reduce logistics costs on-road transportation, has developed a risk-based approach on implementation of smart enforcement of rules and regulations related to road-based violations by trucks.
It has also developed an IT based solution to make enforcement mechanism technology driven.
The benefits that would accrue from the adoption of the App will be as follows:
- Lead to decrease in number of physical checks of commercial vehicles by the enforcement officers
- Overall reduction in the number of cash challan by issuing e-challan using the system
- Reduction in deployment of work-force on Roads leading to better manpower utilization
- Higher revenue collection due to reduced human intervention
- Improved targeting of offenders
- Reduction in Logistics Cost (currently at 13% of GDP).