The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (MOPPGP) by way of a notification dated 30.05.2021, issued the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021. These rules shall apply to the Government servants, including civilian Government servants in the Defense Services. The major provisions discuss the
- A Government servant shall submit an application in Common Subscriber Registration Form or in any other form specified by the Authority along with an option form to the Head of Office for registration to the National Pension System.
- A Subscriber shall make a contribution of 10% or such other percentage as may be notified from time to time, of his emoluments to the National Pension System every month.
- The Government shall make contribution of 14% or such other percentage as may be notified from time to time, of the emoluments of a Government servant to the Individual Pension Account of the Subscriber every month.
- A Subscriber, who is retired on his attaining the age of superannuation or, if the service of the Subscriber has been extended beyond superannuation, on expiry of such period of extension of service, shall be entitled to benefits as admissible under the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Exits and Withdrawals under
National Pension System) Regulations, 2015.
- At any time after a Subscriber has completed 20 years of regular service, he may, by giving notice of not less than three months in writing to the appointing authority, retire from service.
- A Subscriber who has been permitted to be absorbed in a service or post in or under a Corporation or Company wholly or substantially owned or controlled by the Central Government/ State Government shall be deemed to have retired from service from the date of such absorption and shall be eligible to receive benefits accordance with the
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Exits and Withdrawals under National Pension System) Regulations, 2015.