The State Government of Karnataka vide its notification dated 19th February 2021 has issued guidelines on preventive measures for catering services & food handlers in Hotels, Restaurants, Resorts & Dabhas to contain spread of CovID-19, however Food handlers and catering services in containment zones shall remain closed. Only those outside containment zones will be allowed.
All catering services shall ensure the following arrangements:
- Compulsory RT-PCR testing of all catering staff shall be done fortnightly and Only those with a negative RT-PCR certificate shall be permitted to provide catering services
- All staff and patrons to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks. The face cover/masks have to be worn at all times inside the restaurant.
- Adequate manpower shall be deployed by catering management for ensuring physical distancing norms.
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots and outside the premises -duly following physical distancing norms shall be ensured.
- Disposable menus, catering items like disposable plates, cups, spoons, forks, good quality disposable paper napkins, etc shall be used.
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWwD shall be followed which inter alia emphasizes that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30oC, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%, intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be adequate.
- Kitchen area must be sanitized at regular intervals. In the kitchen, the staff should follow physical distancing norms at work place. Tables to be sanitized regularly.