The SEBI vide notification dated 13th January, 2021 has repealed the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003. The repeal of the regulations shall not affect—
- The previous operation of the said regulations or anything done or omitted to be done or suffered therein;
- Any right, privilege, obligation or liability acquired or accrued or incurred under the said regulations;
- Any penalty or punishment incurred in respect of any contravention or offence committed under the said regulations;
- Any investigation, legal proceedings or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation, liability, penalty or punishment.
- Any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced and any such penalty or punishment may be imposed as if the said regulations had not been repealed.