FSSAI has issued a direction on 8th July, 2019 regarding registration requirement by the last mile delivery persons and direct selling agents, food vending machines, water vending machines, food ATMs owned by a single entity.
It has been decided that last mile delivery persons and direct selling agents, food vending machines, water vending machines, food ATMs owned by a single entity, are exempted from the requirement of FSSAI registration, subjected to certain conditions:
- Annual turnover of the individual entity/unit does not exceed Rs 12 Lakh.
- Main entity will get an FSSAI license based on their eligibility, keep up database or record of every individual unit,
- Main entity will be responsible for regulatory compliance by these individual entities and same shall be communicated to all units in writing.
- Main entity will facilitate their training under Food Safety Training and Certification (FoSTaC).
- Main entity will issue personal IDs having a unique identification number and bearing the license number of the principal unit.
- Individual entity/unit will display the license number of the main entity.
- Main entity will maintain records of Annual Medical Check-Up of staff working.
Click here to see directions.